Infinite scrolling

KIS (Keep It Simple)

I just found this article on the web, it talks about the greats peices of software that have been writen to this day. Despite the feelings of programs that were left out, and programs you may feel should not be on the list, there was a parragraph that let me numb, so I give it to you:

I've always been amazed at the Apollo spacecraft guidance system, built by the MIT Instrumentation Lab. In 1969, this software got Apollo 11 to the moon, detached the lunar module, landed it on the moon's surface, and brought three astronauts home. It had to function on the tiny amount of memory available in the onboard Raytheon computer--it carried 8 Kbytes, not enough for a printer driver these days. And there wouldn't be time to reboot in case of system failure when the craft made re-entry. It's just as well Windows wasn't available for the job.

I mean, 8KB, I think a Hello World application is bigger than that! It remembers me an aplication I worked with in my past job, that died having 4GB of RAM in the server. So, I just can say what my Software Egineering teacher used to say, Keep It Simple you Asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment