Infinite scrolling

Amarok 1.4.2 has arrived

Finally amarok 1.4.2 was launched. To be honest, I haven't test it yet, but there are a lot of things that I want to test, you can find all the features here. Anyway, there are a couple of features that got my attention, one is the dynamic collection which detects when the files are not accessible to amarok and disables it from the library. The other one is the Advanced Tag Feature which keeps track of your songs even when you change its location or you rename the files (assigning an UID to each file) in order to mantain the statistics. I cannot stop saying that all thos great features still here, like the full layout customization through CSS, complete last.fm support, download of album cover from amazon, etc.

Now I'm pretty sure, amarok is the best media player ever. Is sad that windwos user may not use it (at least 'til KDE 4.0 and amarok 2.0), I even try it using cygwin but it was useless. So there are something you may be wishing you have linux :P.

By the moment, there are only builds for ubuntu and suse, so others (like me) have to options, or build it from the source, or wait a couple of weeks 'til the official bynary for your distro is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment