Infinite scrolling

My Fist Ubuntu Experience

Ubuntu Linux
There was a time when I used SuSE Linux and it was allright. The instalation was easy, I had all the software I'd probably use I would configure almost eveything. It was the time of the rmp -iv. But then came the ISDN and the lack of support for Linux. Finally I could use my USB modem to work but the speed was 1/3 than the window connection speed so I left SuSE.

It was almost 2 years ago when this happened. Now I have DSL so I think iy'd work better, and it did. But then I realize that SuSE 9.0 was old (I was working with KDE 3.1) Iknow must of the people would say it was not old anyway I wanted to start a fresh installation. Well I want to try Fedora but someone gave to me the latest version of Ubuntu (5.10). because everyone speaks to well of the distribution so i did it.

The instalation Was ugly. I mean, SuSE installation is easy to use and friendly. It comes with almost every piece of software that I would use and with some predefined profiles like developer or office. But ubuntu does not let me choose the programs I want to use it simpley installs the predefined packages... and GNome well, I thing it is not bad, just that I'll miss the KDE apps that I'm going to use (that if I can make my conecttion work) which as far as I've been looking is far away from easy for final users.

Well, I'll write more about my experience with Ubuntu soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment