Infinite scrolling

Music Reviews

Well finally I could put my hands over four albums I wanted to listen some time ago. Now is time to talk about them... but where to start?

The first one I want to talk about is " Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar and Orchestra in E flat minor " from Yngwie Malmsteen . I know all of you have hear about non classic musicians who palys with a filarmonic orchestra (Metallica, Scorpions, Kiss, Deep Purple, etc) but excetp some songs in the Deep Purple album this presentations consists only in a classical arragement of well known artist's songs (The deep purple ones includes some movements composed as a concerto for rock band and orchestra). So this album can be considered as the second attemp to reach an entire merge composing. In fact the electric guitar plays for the orchestra and not otherwise.

Anyway, I know Malmsteen from a long time ago and I can't deny he's a virtuoso of guitar. But sometimes he became boring with all this notes he play and this album is not the exception. Is a real good attemp and sounds good but anyhow I didn't like the fact that he plays in allegro temp when the orchestra is playing an adagio. Please Yngwie keep focus, and adagio is a relax time not a time to show how good are you on guitar. Despite this fact is a really good album.

The second is really two albums from the same band, Bajofono Tabgo Club . I'm a big fan of tango music since I listen to Astor Piazolla for the very first time and I remember I listen some of this band years ago and I dindn't like it because I though it was an Heresy against tango. Then I listen to a song into radionica station (99.1 FM in Bogotá) but I din't know it were them. Anyway today I listen to both albums and I liked them... What change into me? Back then I didn't like electronic music and know I like it a lot. So this albums are not really tango music stuff despite the fact is based on it. This band is a very good chill out that you should try if you like Chill Out.

The fourth album is from my favorute childhood band, Queen . is called " the return of the champions " and has Paul Rodgerts making Freddie Mercury parts. I remember saying that I woundn't accept other singer into queen but Mercury. Anyhow time proves me wrong. Is true that some songs were written for the voice technique of Mercury but Rodgerts is doin' well. He's not pretending he's Freddie. He's using his own vocal technique, and when the song doesn't works for him... well he sings different. Is not like "I'm here to take Freddie's place" but is like "I liked queen, I'm not Freddie but I'm trying to bring some joy to you and an oportunity to see queen again" and I like that way of thinking.

I hope this reviews work for you, and expect more of this from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment