Infinite scrolling


I remember the first time I heard of Dream Theater. It was in my junior year at college. I was also starting into guitar playing. Just six months before I got my guitar (a beautiful midnight blue fender fat strat). I ask to one of my best friends (who spended more time playing guitar than me. I mean he played sicen he was 12. And he left computer sciences in order to become a musician) which was the best guitar player he knew. He told me about a player called John Petrucci and that he played in a band called Dream Theater. Without any mora information I went to a music store and bought "A Change of Seasons" EP. It was the year 2000 of our lord.

I remember when I put the CD into my player. It starts with a 23 minutes lenght song called A change of seasons then comes 4 more songs with covers and medleys from bands as led zeppelin, Deep Purple, Queen, Pink Floyd and other. When the album finshed I was in ecctasy and suddenly became my favorite band. The I started to collect their albums Metropolis pt.2: Secenes from a memory, Images and Words, Falling into Infinity, Awake, When Dream and Day Unites, Metropolis 2000: Scenes from New York, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence and Octavarium. I also got t-shirts an everything like a real fan.

Nor I remember me debating with some friends (who also liked Dream Theater) if the would come to Colombia some day. We talk that the best way to see them was to trave to another country. I also remember the 2001 when Mike Portnoy said that he will come to made a drum clinic. But then the episode of the twin tower happened and he didn't come. Despite the fact that I'm a guitar player I paid for the clinic (fortunately I got my money back). Then the past year they say they would come to a south american tour but my country was not in the list. Some friedns traveled to Venezuela to see them there. Anyway I didn't.

The suddenly I saw the dates of the 20th aniversary tour and to my surprise Bogotá was on the list. I couldn't belive it back then and I cannot belive it right now and best part is that it is one of the so called "an evening with Dream Theater" which are presentations of four hours. As soon as the tickets came to the sales I bought mine (as you can see in the pic) . The only thing that I think now is that this will be a great year. If you want to know more about this amazing band just got to the official dream theater web site www.dreamtheater.net. And I will let you know about how the show was ;).

Now Listening: "Ceilling Unlimited" from the album "Vapor Trails" by Rush.


No comments:

Post a Comment